Small Business Software Open Source
Are you thinking about building your own business? And maybe look at open source software, but not sure how to go about it? Well, here’s a big list of open source small business software.
Every small business needs cheap small business software. Open source small business software is particularly appealing to new startup companies as it is both free and easy to customize. And don’t forget that Open Source can, in many instances, increase your profits.
You’re a small business owner. There are things out there you could use to grow your small business but they cost $$. A lot of money in some cases. But it doesn’t have to be that way, because software companies also release open source software. Open source software is free and can accomplish most of the same tasks as the paid versions.
Business owner? No problem! We find the best software for small business owners, small companies and individual entrepreneurs. From accounting software to customer relationship management (CRM) or office suites – we have all the small business software you need to make your company grow!
Choosing the right software for a small to medium-sized business can be difficult. Honestly, it’s not the software that is difficult; rather it is the amount of software that is available that can be overwhelming. An individual or small business owner doesn’t want too much software and so built-in admin panels can seem overwhelming. Here are some open source alternatives for different pieces of software for a small office.
Top 5 Open Source Business Software – Updated
Can you get business software for free? The short answer is with open source business software you can get full free access to great business software. Open source business software offers an unlimited, fully functioning access to business software on the condition that someone on your team must know how to install and configure the software.
Open source business software also have the advantage of being really customizable. As long as someone on your team has the necessary know-how, you can easily customize the software to meet your unique needs. In this article, we are going to look at some of the best open source business software you can use in your business.
- #1 Odoo
- #2 ERPNext
- #3 Dolibarr
- #4 CUBRID
- #5 MariaDB
Open Source Business Software List
This is an integrated open source business software that includes modules for project management, billing, accounting, manufacturing, inventory management, purchasing and billing. All of these modules communicate with one another seamlessly to ensure easy information exchange.
- It makes ERP simple
- The interface looks much like Google Drive which means anyone can use it
- It is a web- based tool which makes it accessible on any device
- The download version needs to be installed via source code which can be a little bit intimidating
This program was featured on Opensource.com as one of the best open source business software of the year. It is built specifically for small and mid-sized companies and comes with multiple modules that include accounting, managing inventory, purchase sales and project management.
- It comes with numerous modules in one
- All the available modules integrate very well together
- The whole suite is very easy to use
- Some modules are only available when you buy a subscription
This is an open source business software that is tailored to help small and mid-sized business keep track of invoices, contacts, invoice orders and payments. It comes with a very easy to use and clean user interface.
- It is use and comes with a lot of great modules that work very well together
- It has an online demo to help you test-drive before installation
- There are some modules that will only work with purchased add-ons
This is an open source business software that is optimized for use on web applications. It offers a number of different features, each designed to help with data organization on your business. It is particularly useful when you have to keep track of large amounts of data and it is very easy to use.
- It comes with multiple granularity locking
- An online backup ensures the safety of your data
- It has GUI tools for drivers for developmental languages
- Comes with 24/7 support
- It doesn’t work with Apple systems
- It also doesn’t have a script debugger
If you are looking for a much more advanced database management tool, this open source software is the one to choose. It is used by some of the biggest tech businesses including Google, Facebook and Wikipedia. As you probably can already guess, it is primarily designed for business that need to keep track of large databases.
- It is highly scalable and easy to integrate with other services
- Offers real-time access
- It is missing an optimizer trace
- It may not be easy to use especially for beginners