Do you know how to record a shotcut window + webcam simultaneously + record voice audio alone? There are few decent screen recorder software for Mac users that you can use to achieve it instantly with ease. I think this tutorial will help your recording job.
Screen recording software for Mac . . . you might quickly think you only have one option: Quicktime! One of the great things about the Mac platform is how versatile and powerful it is. But the challenge that comes with that is the variety of options. With screen recording software, you can record any part of your screen including your computer desktop, webcam, and Skype calls. Whatever tool you choose to capture your screen activity, we’ll look at what’s available to help you choose wisely.
I was recently asked by a client to show him how to use the Mac computer. I decided to use screen recording software for mac, and I’m going to share what I learned with you.
Screen Recording Software For Mac
Do you want to record something on Mac? Do you want to capture an online meeting, an exciting video clip, a video call, or live streaming videos? Whatever you want to capture, free recording software for Mac is needed. Here, the best 11 free screen recorder for mac are listed. To help you select the best screen recorder Mac free, each software is introduced to you with its key features. Keep on reading to learn more information.
When it comes to the best recording software for Mac, EaseUS RecExperts for Mac is the best option. This Mac screen recorder allows recording the full screen and a selected area flexibly. Also, you can record screen with audio on Mac simultaneously, including the system sound, microphone, or sound from external audio devices.
Besides capturing the screen, you can record the screen or video as a GIF with simple clicks. Most importantly, you are allowed to apply more options such as customizing the hotkeys and so on.
- Capture screen, webcam, and record internal audio on Mac
- Capable of recording the webcam with showing your face
- Record streaming video and audio as you like
- Deal with gaming videos and online discussion
- Schedule recording to the set the duration of recording time
Free DownloadSupport macOS 10.13~13
You must be familiar with QuickTime Player, which is a free video recording software on Mac. It can play, record, edit, and share videos on Mac. Recording the screen with external voice is accessible.
It lets capture a full screen or a selected area with a few clicks. With this Mac screencast software, you can easily record online meetings, streaming videos, or other activities on your screen. Most importantly, it is straightforward for beginners of its intuitive interface.
The only limitation is that it cannot record internal audio on Mac.
- Simple and intuitive user interface
- Free screen recorder for Mac
- Offer recording and editing options
- Allow sharing the recorded videos with your friends
One recommended Mac’s built-in screen recorder is macOS Catalina, which is also known as macOS 10.15. It is a cross-platform tool with numerous features. Using this program, you can deal with the entire screen or selected portion on your Mac with just a few clicks. Here are more features that you can find in this tool.
- Practical screen recording software Mac free
- Record full screen or a specific region
- Allow a obvious toolbar to choose the suitable option
OBS Studio is an open source screen recorder for Mac users. It has powerful and easy-to-use configuration options, which can add new sources or adjust the properties effortlessly.
Besides, this screen recorder Mac free offers an unlimited number of scenes to switch seamlessly via custom transitions. Also, it can be used for live streaming, which means you can use it to record streaming audio.
- Completely free for all users
- Allow capturing real-time activities and great live streaming videos
- Offer intuitive audio mixer with per-source filters
- Compatible with Windows, macOS, and Linux
ScreenFlow is another free Mac screen recorder with audio. This screen capturing software can record anything and give you many editing options once the recording is done.
Using ScreenFlow, you can record computer audio or microphone as well. In addition, this Mac screen recording software can even set the keystrokes and mouse movements, making the recording much more interesting.
- A lightweight screen recorder and video editor
- Export almost all the major formats and directly upload recorded videos to YouTube
- Enable you to record video and audio simultaneously
- Mac screen recorder with audio free
Screencast-O-Matic is a versatile Mac screen recorder and editor. It is free to create screencast videos with this screen recording program. When the recording is done, you can personalize the saving with the built-in editor. It also allows adding overlays, text, animations, visual effects, and many more to your recorded video quickly.
- Available for Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and Chromebook users
- Offer basic yet useful video editing tools
- Add and size the webcam for a picture in picture effect
- Share the recorded videos to social media platforms like YouTube
Snagit is a screen recording tool, which enables you to record video and capture images. This screen recorder can capture the entire Mac screen, a region, a window, or a scrolling screen. It lets you quickly grab individual frames from the recorded videos or save your video file as an MP4 file or animated GIF with ease.
As a screen recorder Mac free, you can use it to remove any unwanted sections from your screen recordings by a trimmer after recording.
- Allow recording the iOS screen with Snagit
- Record screen, webcam, audio, and other things on your screen
- Turn video into an animated GIF and add it to the website
VLC Media Player is another free and open-source screen recorder on Mac. Like QuickTime Player, it helps you play media files, convert file formats, and capture the computer screen. It is straightforward to use. When you want to do some quick screen recording activities on Mac, choose this best free Mac screen recording software.
- An all-in-one screen recorder, video converter, and video player with speed control
- Stream media on the internet
- 100% free screen recorder for Mac and easy to use
Camtasia can help record and create professional-looking videos on Windows and Mac. This free Mac screen recorder is easy and quick to learn, and you do not need a big budget or fancy video editing skills.
With it, you can record anything on the computer, including an application, website, video call, or PowerPoint presentation. Apart from that, it supports iOS capturing. You can connect the iOS device directly to your Mac for recording the screen and adding some effects to videos.
- Provide options for recording screen, webcam, and audio
- Allow using callouts, arrows, shapes to highlight important points in videos
- Built with many templates to reduce the editing time
- Flexibly apply device frames to videos and make them play well on different devices
As another best free screen recorder for Mac, Screenflick is popular all over the world. A simple user interface helps you be more efficient to start recording tasks. Built with a smart capturing engine, it lets you capture screen and audio with the highest quality and resolution. What’s more, the video, audio, keystrokes, and mouse clicks are recorded in separate tracks so that you can modify them conveniently.
- Capture system audio, microphone, or external mic on Mac
- Use a timer to stop or start recording automatically
- Create time-lapse screen recordings of long projects
- Free recording software for Mac
Monosnap is a free screen recording tool for Mac users. It comes with the option of capturing your webcam, microphone, and system audio at the same time before starting recording. You can capture the full screen, the selected area, videos, or HIGs using hotkeys.
Once recorded, you can edit the video by adding annotations. Also, it allows uploading and sharing the link with friends if you have connected to the Monosnap account.
- Create pixel-perfect screenshots
- Allow recording screen to GIF with one click
- Offer editing options to highlight details, hide sensitive data with the Blur tool
- Upload and share the recorded video directly
Check the frequently asked questions related to this topic below.
1. What is the best screen recorder for Mac free?
Some of the best screen recorders for Mac are as follows.
- EaseUS RecExperts
- OBS Studio
- VLC Media Player
2. How can I record my Mac screen with audio for free?
You need to download EaseUS RecExperts and follow the steps below.
- 1. Download and launch EaseUS RecExperts on your Mac. To capture the whole screen, click on the “Full Screen” button from the main interface. If you want to customize the recording area, choose the “Region” button.
- 2. To record the screen with audio, hit the Sound icon from the bottom left side of the toolbar. The audio resources can be your external sound or system audio. Based on your needs, enable the target option.
- 3. Before capturing, you can change the output format of the recorded video by clicking “Settings” from the main interface. Then, scroll down the menu of Output format for Video. Choose the output type as you like.
- 4. Once done, click the REC button to begin recording. It captures anything displayed on your Mac screen. When you are done, click the Stop button. Then you can watch the recorded video from “Recordings”.
3. Does Mac have a built in screen recorder?
Yes, that is the QuickTime Player app on your Mac. You can record with this tool by choosing “File” > “New Screen Recording”.
The Bottom Line
Here, the top 11 best screen recorder Mac free are introduced. Which tool will your choose?
Taken together, the recommended one is EaseUS RecExperts. It allows capturing the screen in high resolution, including 4K. Besides, you can use it to capture the system sound which is not supported in the Mac default screen recorder. Don’t hesitate. Just download it!