Free Screen Recorder Software to make PC game recording videos. Make high-quality game capture videos with free software.
Are you looking for the best screen recorder software for Windows? Look no further! This article will provide you with a huge list of screen recorders that you can use for free!
Screen Recorder is capable of recording any action performed on the computer screen with high accuracy and quality. The software records all operations such as drawing lines, moving and resizing windows, buttons clicks, etc. in real time, making it easy to demonstrate ideas and create video tutorials.
Screen Recorder Software For Free
Screen recording software lets you capture your screen to share with others, create product-related videos, tutorials, lessons, demo, YouTube videos, and more. These software enables you to record videos from webcam and screen.
Following is a handpicked list of Top Screen Recorder, with their popular features and website links. The list contains both open source(free) and commercial(paid) software.
Best Screen Recorders Software for PCs (Free)
|Loom||Lifetime Free Basic Plan||Learn More|
|Screencast-O-Matic||Lifetime Free Basic Plan||Learn More|
|Icecream Screen Recorder||Download for Free||Learn More|
|ClickUp||Lifetime Free Basic Plan||Learn More|
|Camtasia||Download for Free||Learn More|
List of the Best Screen Recorders Software:
Loom is the leading video communication platform for async work. Engineered for simplicity and speed, you can record, share, and interact with videos to move work forward whether you’re at your desk or on the move. Over 14 million people across 200,000 companies use Loom to work smarter with async video.
- Record your screen in seconds using the native Windows app or chrome extension
- Generate a written transcript and remove filler words with a click
- Unlimited video creation and storage with the Loom Business Plan
- Upload videos into Loom to store as a video content library
- Emoji reactions and comments make feedback fun
- Record with confidence wherever you are with background noise reduction feature
Visit Loom >>
Screencast-O-Matic is an easy to use screen recorder that enables you to capture any area of your screen. It provides an option to add video from your webcam and narration from your microphone.
- You can animate videos with transitions and overlay effects.
- It allows you to import videos, images, and audio from other devices.
- You can show or hide the cursor and webcam.
- Zoom in or out to highlight a specific area of the video.
- You can add and edit narration, music, and system audio.
- You can apply styles on text, shapes, and images.
Visit Screencast >>
3) Icecream Screen Recorder
Icecream Screen Recorder is a screen recording tool that allows you to record any area of your computer screen. This tool helps you to record Video tutorials, apps and Games, Live streams, Skype calls, Webinars, and more.
- It allows you to choose output quality.
- You can select the area of the screen or record the full screen.
- This software helps you to record screen with webcam overlay.
- You can add text, shapes, and arrows to your screen recording.
- Icecream apps enable you to record full-screen 3D games.
- You can record the screen and save it in GIF format.
- It enables you to add a watermark logo to your screen recording.
Visit Icecream >>
ClickUp is a free screen recording software that allows you to share your screen recording to convey your message precisely without the need for an email chain or personal meeting.
- It helps you to capture your entire screen, app window, or your browser tab.
- Allows you to send your video message to anyone with a shareable link.
- You can create a video recording, add description, and assign it to your team.
- Supported platforms: Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS
Visit ClickUp >>
Camtasia is a tool to record and create professional-looking videos on Windows and Mac. Use can use this software for making video tutorials, video lessons, YouTube videos, demo videos, and more.
- You can record webcam and screen, and presentation.
- It provides music and audio library.
- You can create eye-catching titles and annotations.
- Camtasia enables you to add Zoom, pan, and animate.
- You can use transitions between scenes and slides in order to improve video flow.
- Camtasia enables you to create quizzes.
- You can add an effect to your video.
Visit Camtasia >>
6) AnyMP4 Screen Recorder
AnyMP4 is one of the best screen recorder software to record any screen activities. It also helps you capture high-quality video with different audio sources from system sounds, microphone voice, and take screenshots on your computer.
- Allows you to record any Screen Activity from Your Desktop
- Helps you to capture Live Streaming Videos from YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, and other social medial platforms.
- You can record screen record gameplay and share your memory with others
- Record Video from Webcam, Audio Calls & Conferences, and Microphone Voice.
Visit AnyMP4 >>
Captivate is an interactive video maker for tutorials and eLearning that you can use with Adobe Creative Cloud. It allows you to capture and export your screen contents as a still video.
- It can optimize the content of any screen size.
- This tool allows you to save videos as MP4.
- You can add buttons to your learning video.
- It helps you to publish the final video for desktop or web use or make an app.
- You can quickly build up storyboards on your mobile device.
- This software enables you to import your PowerPoint presentation and convert it into a multimedia, interactive module.
- You can import and synchronize content from Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Audition.
Visit Captivate >>
8) IFun Screen Recorder
Iobit’s IFun Screen Recorder is a tool that enables you to record your computer screen with ease. It allows you to edit the video with minimal efforts. This application can be used to store clips in 4k definition resolution.
- You can record HD video without any watermark.
- Enables you to capture movie, online course, and tutorials.
- Allows you to select area for recording.
- Supports more than 12 output formats including, MP4, GIF, and AVI.
- You can capture screen with audio.
- This tool helps you to schedule your recording with start and end time.
- This tool enables you to edit video with ease.
Visit IFun >>
TechSmith Snagit is a screen image and video recording application for short recordings of your screen. It can record the action on the screen and audio as MPEG 4 video file.
- It allows you to quickly record video working through steps.
- You can switch between webcam and screen recording during video.
- Record audio either from microphone or computer system audio.
- You can turn video into an animated GIF And add it to your website.
- Snagit helps you to trim any video clip.
- You can record the iOS screen with just a few taps.
Visit Snagit >>
ScreenFlow is a video editing, screen recording, and sharing software from Telestream. It helps you to make home videos to professional videos.
- You can access over 500,000 unique media types.
- It allows you to record your iPhone or iPad screen.
- You can add transitions, video animations, freehand annotations, text animations, and more.
- This tool enables you to animate titles and logos and graphics with built-in video animation.
- You can use styles and templates to make software tutorials.
- It helps you to organize your project with nested clips, markets, nested clips, and multi-track editing.
- You can publish your video with content publishing sites like YouTube, Wistia, Vimeo, Imgur, and more.
- Create animated APNGs and GIFs from any video project.
Visit ScreenFlow >>
ActivePresenter is a screen recording tool that allows you to record narration, webcam, and audio system. It can be installed on Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems that can be used to create software demonstrations.
- You can easily record the screen as a full-motion video.
- It allows you to record audio from speaker and microphone.
- You can integrate live-action footage in your video.
- It enables you to export content to
- You can export content in varieties of video formats like AVI, MP4, MKV, WMV, and WebM.
- This software support HTML5.
AceThinker is one of the best free screen recorder for pc that enables you to record and save activity on your computer screen. It has various screen recording modes that help you to screencast specific regions around the mouse cursor or full screen.
- It allows you to record only audio.
- You can annotate a video.
- It is one of the best screen recorder for windows which enables you to schedule a task.
- This windows screen recorder tool has numerous modes for capturing videos.
Visit AceThinker >>
ApowerREC tool allows you to record live streaming videos, desktop activities, and so on. It allows you to capture your activity on the full screen or within the customized region.
- It offers real-time editing while recording any video.
- You can record video from webcam.
- This software allows you to create a scheduled task to record PC screenshot/webcam automatically.
- You can convert video into AVI, MP4, WMV, etc.
- It enables you to adjust volume and customize audio source from microphone or sound card.
Visit ApowerREC >>
14) Wondershare DemoCreator
Wondershare DemoCreator is a tool that allows you to record your computer screen with ease. It allows you to adjust the shape, color, and size of your cursor. You can capture video from your webcam and computer simultaneously. This tool enables you to add text to enhance the learning experience of the viewer.
- It enables you to easily draw on the recorded screen in real-time.
- You can customize screen size and frame rate with ease.
- Allows you to edit the recorded video.
- You can save the video in formats like GIF, MOV, and MP4.
- Supported platform is Windows.
Visit DemoCreator >>
15) Gilisoft Video Recorder
Gilisoft Video Recorder is a tool that enables you to record videos in HD. This application helps you to enhance your video clips with minimal effort. It allows you to schedule your recording.
- Compatible with more than 160 video formats, including AVI, FLV, MP4, and more.
- Allows you to zoom in your recording.
- Enables you to add logo to your video.
- You can add subtitles to your videos.
- It enables you to add special effects to video clips.
- You can convert SWF files to video or audio.
Visit Gilisoft >>
Screencastify is a video screen capture program designed for Chrome. It is one of the best screen recorder for pc which helps you to record the content of the webcam, tab, or desktop by just by pressing a record button. This free video recording software can be used for creating screencasts for record presentations, video tutorials, etc.
- It is one of the best free screen recorder which can record videos without the internet.
- It provides mouse spotlight click highlighting to capture attention.
- You can upload it directly to YouTube.
- It allows you to export the video as an animated GIF, MP4, or MP3 format.
- You can narrate with the help of a microphone.
- Screencastify is one of the best free screen capture software that autosaves files to Google drive.
Soapbox is a screen recording software that helps you to record, edit, and share videos. You can click the record button and edit to share a webcam, screen, or split-screen view.
- You can combine recording with a screencast.
- It is a free screen recording software which allows you to export your video to social media with few clicks.
- You can loop GIF and text overlay.
- Supports video recording from a webcam.
18) FlashBack Pro
FlashBack Pro product helps you to make engaging videos by capturing sound and webcam. This tool enables you to create and share video tutorials online in any format.
- It is one of the best screen recorder with audio that captures any part of your PC screen and turns it into a video file.
- You can add notes, images, and sounds to make it look professional.
- It can be uploaded to YouTube.
- FlashBack Pro allows you to add a watermark to your video.
- You can record from more than one monitor.
- This tool provides frame editing and audio editing.
- You can add annotations.
TinyTake is a video recording software designed for Windows and Mac platforms. It is one of the best screen capture software that allows you to capture videos of your computer screen, add comments, and share them with other people.
- You can assign custom short cut keys.
- It is one of the best free screen capture software that allows to record streaming video of your screen for more than 120 minutes.
- You can store videos in the cloud.
- You can Zoom in or zoom out any video.
- This free screen recorder Mac is a proxy server friendly.
- TinyTake enables you to share a link to stored video.
Droplr is a program for Windows and Mac platforms. You can use it to share screencasts, files, and screenshots with others. This program runs in the background, and you can make it a streamlined part of your workflow. Droplr is attractive, intuitive, and unobtrusive.
- Captured screenshot can be saved to cloud.
- You can markup captured screenshots.
- It is one of the best iOS screen recorder that allows you to add messages with the captured snapshot.
- You can blur sensitive details on screenshot.
❓ What is Screen Recording Software?
A Screen Recording software is an application or a tool that helps you to record your Computer and Laptop screen and save the recorded video file in different formats like MOV, MP4, GIF, etc. Some Screen Recording softwares also allow you to record audio while recording the screen.
🚀 Which are the Best Screen Recorder Software?
Below are some of the Best Screen Recorder Software:
- Icecream Screen Recorder
⚡ Which factors should you consider while selecting the best Screen Recorder?
While selecting the best Screen Recorder software, you should consider the following factors:
- Ease of using
- Editing functionalities
- Screen Capturing Options
- Is it Free or Paid
- Hardware/Software requirements of the Screen recording software
- Support and Update policy of the Screen recorder tool
- Reviews of the Screen Recorder software provider company