GitHub is an excellent source code repository and collaboration tool. It’s an amazing tool. And though you can’t have your cake and eat it too, you really can! By using a Jira Plugin for Github, you’re able to leverage Github’s rich set of features while retaining most of the functionality of Jira.
The challenge of using Jira and Github is not the tools themselves. It’s integrating them together to get the best out of them. You will never be able to predict everything, compared to what you invented, or planned for that project. In this case, it’s best to have some tools built-in. Say no more! We have got you covered with a set of Jira plugins for GitHub.
Do you code? Are you an avid user of the Github software? Well, I have some great news for you: there is a plugin which allows you to connect your Github account directly to Jira. The name of the plugin is Crucible, and it is maintained by Atlassian.
Jira Plugin For Github
The Jira and GitHub integration synchronizes development across tools and uses automation to remove manual steps and shorten delivery time.
By connecting your code in GitHub to your projects in Jira, your developers can focus less on updates and more on building great products. And with source code data flowing through Jira, the broader team can visualize deployment data in one place, extract key insights, and build powerful automations in Jira.
Connect with ease
Easily connect unlimited GitHub organizations and repositories to your Jira project. Backfill Github data so that all past work will automatically sync with your project.
Automatic context in Jira
- Get updates in Jira on pull requests, deployments, branches, builds, and commits.
- Easily view and access repositories from the project.
- Give the whole team visibility into what shipped, along with DevOps performance insights on deployment frequency, cycle time, and more.
Keep developers in Github
- Show relevant Jira information in GitHub issues and pull requests.
- Use Smart Commits to perform certain tasks within Jira such as transitioning issues, adding comments, and updating time tracking information.