Content is the bread and butter of any SEO campaign. If you don’t have great content then you can forget about keywords and keyword density – what’s the point? If a client is putting their trust in you to improve their SEO then an investment in great content is a must. Most accountants don’t have a clue where to start with writing good quality blogs and articles, but by reading this article you’ll soon find out.
If you are an accountant or run a business in the accounting industry, content marketing is the key to attracting new prospects. This article lists three types of content (videos, podcasts, and blog posts) that you can use to attract prospects as well as increase your visibility and website traffic.
Accounting for small businesses is a challenge.
That’s why we’ve created a guide that takes you through the process step-by-step and helps you understand what to do and why you’re doing it. We’ll help you set up your accounting system, manage your finances, and make sure your books are in order at all times.
What are the most important things accountants should be aware of?
Here’s a list of the top three things that accountants should know:
-Keep up with tax laws and state regulations.
-Know how to properly use accounting software.
-Know how to prepare financial statements, such as balance sheets and income statements.
Content for accountants
Basic Accounting Books for Beginners
Top 10 Basic Accounting Books for Beginners
The objective of accounting is to systematically record financial transactions in the books of accounts to determine the financial position of any organization. Below is the list of books on basic accounting that you must read in 2022 –
- Accounting Made Simple ( Get this book )
- Accounting for Non-Accountants ( Get this book )
- Financial Statements ( Get this book )
- Accounting Handbook ( Get this book )
- Schaum’s Outline of Principles of Accounting ( Get this book )
- Accounting All-in-One For Dummies ( Get this book )
- Accounting: The Ultimate Guide to Accounting for Beginners ( Get this book )
- Accounting QuickStart Guide ( Get this book )
- The Accounting Game ( Get this book )
- Bookkeepers’ Boot Camp ( Get this book )
Let us discuss each of the beginner accounting books that cover the fundamentals and its key takeaways and reviews.
#1 – Accounting Made Simple
This short book offers a basic introduction to accounting principles and terminologies. The author’s brief explanations and numerous concise examples make it the perfect reference book for people from a non-accounting background.
A few of the major takeaways from this book are listed below:
- Accounting Equation and its significance
- Concepts and assumptions behind Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Calculating and interpreting several different financial ratios
- Preparing journal entries with debits and credits
- Calculating depreciation and amortization expenses
#2 – Accounting for Non-Accountants
This well-written book is focused on people who are new to account principles, as it lays out, for instance, different sequential snapshots of the balance sheet to demonstrate how individual adjustments should be treated.
Apart from providing the basics of the books of accounts, the author focuses on a few major topics like:
- Dealing with audits and auditors interpret financial statements
- Managing budgets
- Controlling cash flows
- Using accounting ratios
#3 – Financial Statements
Every term is defined in simple, understandable language. Concepts are explained with basic, straightforward transaction examples. The author aims to provide a solid foundation for its readers to understand the concepts.
Few takeaways from this book:
- How do the balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement work together to present any company’s financial health
- The visual approach to see exactly how each transaction affects the three key financial statements of the enterprise
#4 – Accounting Handbook
A very informative and relevant book that takes an interesting approach to account. The author aims to focus on the accountants, bookkeepers, and business students as it provides perfect examples and material for referring.
Few of the topics that the book addresses are as follows:
- Short-entry definitions of everything
- A detailed explanation of accounting terms
- Cost management, taxation forms, and their preparation
- Financial reporting requirements and compliance, and U.S. GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards)
#5 – Schaum’s Outline of Principles of Accounting
The book comprises a collection of solved problems in accounting principles so that readers can easily connect the dots.
A few of the major topics covered in this book are as follows:
- Debits, credits, the chart of accounts, the ledger, inventory measurement, net realizable value, recovery of bad debts, and methods for computing interest
- Fixed assets, depreciation and scrap value, methods of depreciation
- Payroll and payroll taxes
#6 – Accounting All-in-One For Dummies
As the book promises on its cover with its title, it offers to impart learning in simple and layman’s terms. The author consistently uses examples and analogies to make the topics interesting and relatable.
Some of the aspects of accounting that the book covers are as follows:
- Setting up accounting system; recording accounting transactions
- Adjusting and closing entries
- Auditing and detecting financial fraud
- Planning and budgeting for businesses
#7 – Accounting
The Ultimate Guide to Accounting for Beginners
Providing a general overview of financial statement, analysis, and principles followed by the accounting practice, this book offers simple explanations that are easy to follow to relate the accounting terms and concepts in business usage.
Few major topics that the book covers are as below:
- The Cash Flow Statement
- The CPA and Public Accounting
- Tax Accounting
- Accounting Reports: The Income Statement
#8 – Accounting QuickStart Guide
It is a very thorough book that covers almost all major topics and terms in accounting; The book is very helpful for small business owners as it outlines the procedures to handle accounting for a small business.
A few of the major topics covered in the book are as follows:
- The Principles of Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, and Tax Accounting
- Business Entity Types; Their Pros, Cons and Their Financial Statements
- GAAP Standards and their relevance to Accountants
- The Logic and Methods of Classic Double-Entry Accounting
#9 – The Accounting Game
Using the world of a child’s lemonade stand to teach the basics of managing finances, this book makes the subject enjoyable and understandable. The author makes readers use their senses, emotions, and critical thinking skills to learn. The book mainly focuses on business owners/managers and budding entrepreneurs.
A few of the key learnings that the book imparts are as follows:
- Business accounting procedures and creating financial reports
- Financial Accounting
- Step-by-step processes for managing to account in business
#10 – Bookkeepers’ Boot Camp
This book shows small business owners the essentials of record-keeping, and why it’s crucial to a business’s success to track financial data. The author shows the business owners how to sort through the information and paperwork, record what is important, and use that information to grow a business for success.
Some of the main learnings that the book imparts are as follows:
- Purpose of record/bookkeeping
- Analyzing and tracking financial information
- Starting a business, growing a business, and exiting a business