Video editing is a pretty popular topic these days. There are so many different types of video editing software that it can be really confusing to figure out which one is the best.
I’m going to break down some of the most popular video editing apps, and then you can decide which one is right for you.
First, let’s talk about what makes an app good for video editing. When looking at a program, there are a few things that are important:
- Does it have lots of features?
- Is it easy to use?
- Does it have good reviews?
- How much does it cost?
After looking at all these factors, I’ve come up with my top three picks for the best video editing apps on the market today.
Take out time to surf through our catalog right here on Quyasoft for more information on Which app is best video editing, Video Editing Apps for Android in 2022 and so much more. You don’t want to miss this!
Which app is best video editing
PowerDirector is arguably the best video editing app you’ll find on Android, for me it’s the best because it will make your editing videos look like that of a professional, there is a lot this app offers in terms of features and functionality. If you’re looking for a video editing app that’ll let you apply video effects, use slow motions and reverse a video, then you should try getting PowerDirector, it’s also a good app to merge videos.
With PowerDirector, you can create HD videos with ease, fix videos with poor camera footage and also stabilize your videos to make them look smooth. You can also edit video backgrounds with PowerDirector, it’s one of the best video editing apps for Android.
Developer: Cyberlink Corp
InShot is more than just a video editor app, it’s an app that has almost every feature you want from a video editor app. With apps like this around you surely don’t need to worry about getting a computer to edit or make videos.
You can use InShot to edit your videos and also use some of the free video editing tools it has, if you want to trim, cut, or add music to your videos, you can use InShot for it, there are tons of features you’ll find on InShot, it has over 4.8 ratings on Google Play Store and an app of such rating is considered to be very good and pleases its users. InShot is one of the best video editing apps every Android user should use for editing videos.
Developer: InShot Video Editor
3. ActionDirector Video Editor
ActionDirector is a video editing app developed by the makers of PowerDirector, but the difference between them is that ActionDirector is a lightweight video editing app and it takes fewer resources to get videos edited. This app is a very fast video editing app and one of the best apps to edit videos, it has cool features and also different video editing tools. You can make videos using ActionDirector video editor app
There are different features you can use while editing videos with this app, it’s very simple and has a good user interface. ActionDirector is one of the best video editing apps for Android users.
Developer: Cyberlink Corp
KineMaster is an easy-to-use video editor for android, it’s one of the best professional video editing apps for mobile users and it has powerful tools that you’ll get your hands on easily. This app is one of the most used video editing apps on Android and you’ll see skit makers, vloggers and educators use this app most times to make their videos look professional.
KineMaster has cool tools like multiple video layers, blending modes, voiceovers, chroma-key, speed control, transitions, subtitles, special effects, and so much more, its supports 4K videos with 30 FPS, and you can add speed control and also slow-motion effects, there’s a lot you can do with KineMaster video editor, it’s one of the best video editing apps on Android.
Developer: KineMaster Corporation
5. Video Editor & Video Maker – VivaVideo
VivaVideo is another great video editor app and also a video merger app for Android devices, with this app you can make video skits, you can make picture slideshows and also add music to it playing in the background, there’s a lot you can do with this app. VivaVideo is very much popular just like other popular video editor apps out there, you can use VivaVideo to add music to texts and so much more.
VivaVideo has lots of features that make it one of the best video editing apps that’ll always be recommended for Android users, one reason why I like VivaVideo so much is that even when you make videos or edit videos of low quality, you can save the video to be in higher resolution, you can also share your videos easily from this app, VivaVideo is one of the best video editing apps for Android.
Developer: QuVideo Inc. Video Editor & Video Maker App
If you pay attention to every update on the net, you might have heard people talk about Filmora, you should understand this Filmora is an advanced video editing software for PC users, and it has a lot of features, it’s the best video editing software for PC users, you’ll find most Indian YouTubers use this software.
While the FilmoraGo is the mobile version that every Android user can use to edit their videos or make videos, it’s a very reliable video editing app for Android users, you can make professional editing to your videos while using FilmoraGo. It’s one of the best video editing apps for Android users.
Developer: FilmoraGo Studio
7. GoPro Quik: Video Editor
One of the few reliable video editing applications on a smartphone that you can try is GoPro Quik. This application is free and doesn’t have any annoying advertisements.
GoPro Quik offers edited video qualities in 720p and 1080p formats. In addition, there are 23 attractive themes with unique styles and transitions. You can also enjoy several other editing tools, such as crop, fast forward, slow motion, format choices, and audio addition. Once you’re done editing, you can instantly share the video results to your social media accounts.
8. Adobe Premiere Rush — Video Editor
Adobe Premiere Rush is still one of the best video editing applications to try, especially on Android smartphone devices. There are many cool features, ranging from drag and drop, cutting video duration, brightness, transitions, effects, sync to music, and more.
The cool thing is, Adobe Premiere Rush also provides an automatic video maker feature. So, you just have to enter the video and choose a template according to your taste. For those of you who want to try it right away, download it on the Google Play Store right now!
For beginners to professionals, it appears that both are familiar with this video editor application on Android called Video Show. Interesting features in the Video Show editing application can make your videos more eye-catching. You can also add text, image effects, sound, and even dubbing with your own voice recording.
With the Video Show application, you can reduce the size or compress the video, without reducing the quality of the original video.
Video Editing Apps for Android in 2022
The Filmr app is a super easy-to-use video editing app for Android as well as iOS-based phones. Perfect for both beginners as well as advanced video creators- it has a simple, fast and intuitive interface. You can add transitions, effects, filters and more to transform a basic video to something that is uber cool. If you’re looking for speed, agility and a premium look for your videos, Filmr is the place for you.
Review: Filmr has gained an overall rating of 4.4/5 based on reviews from 8,126 users and has 1 million and growing downloads on Playstore.
Price: It has a free version that allows you to create videos with an InVideo watermark. The paid plans start from $15/month
– No limit on the number of images/videos you can import
– Smooth and unique transitions between videos
– Multiple fonts to make your text stand out
– Switch video format with ease: horizontal (16:9 and 4:5), vertical (4:3), stories (9:16), and square (1:1)
– 20 million+ royalty free music library
– Exclusive filters and effects to transform videos
– The best thing about Filmr is that it has zero ads!
– It has a vertical editing timeline which makes video editing super convenient, unlike other apps
– Can reorder videos, photos and audio clips with a simple drag-and-drop
– Lets you search for any song with a simple search or add music from your existing files
– Reverse, Rotate and Flip videos with one tap
– Get rid of the watermark easily by just watching an ad or going PRO
– Save to gallery or export directly to any social media app
– Set the duration of the transitions down to specific seconds
– Directly shoot videos via the app and edit
– Customise the duration of text on video on the text bar
– There is no undo option in its Android version
– Limited number of filters
– Cannot record a voice-over directly on the app
– Cannot choose the video resolution before saving
– It does not support multiple languages
Create stunning videos in minutes
With the easiest mobile editing appTry Filmr today
Quik is one of the best free video editing apps for Android, brought to you by GoPro. With the Quik app, you can create awesome videos in just a few taps.
Automatically add transitions and effects and apply beat-synced themes to create stunning and shareable edits. It does most of the editing automatically; however, Quik also lets you customize fine details.
Review: Quik has gained an overall rating of 4.4/5 based on the reviews from 476,637 usersQuick is a free video editing app for Android phones.
Price: Quik is a free video editing app for Android phones.
– Add up to 75 photos and video clips from your gallery, cloud storage, or GoPro Plus
– Compatible with motion photos
– Unlimited back-up at 100% quality
– GPS Stickers to showcase GoPro video’s speed
– AI-powered face, movement, and sound detection for the perfect frame. Open to manual corrections
– 23+ themes for any occasion
– Record, trim or rotate videos, add text overlays, change video speed
– Videos in various dimensions – square, portrait, or cinema
– 100+ free songs for background or add your own
– HD 1080p export
– QuikStories – works with the GoPro App and compiles excellent videos with media shot within the last 72 hours.
– The PRO version automatically backs up your GoPro footage
– Can handle videos taken from any camera or device
– Handles 4k video, which is a great win over other apps
– Does not leave a watermark
– Great for basic editing
– Quik’s mural feature lets you create your best shots as separate events
– Auto edits music to match the video beat
– Keeps your project on cloud storage only for a limited time so you cannot go back and edit it whenever you want to
– The absence of the undo option makes it difficult to go back to the previous edit
– Unsatisfactory customer support. Issues and bugs stay unresolved even after several reports by users.
– The automatic edits makes it low on customization
A pretty powerful video editor application, Filmora go is also one of the best free video editing app for Android phones which will not stamp a watermark or place a time limit on your clip. It helps you create decent videos with a wide variety of effects and presets. You can easily share your videos with your friends on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp right from the platform.
Review: FilmoraGo has gained an overall rating of 4.6/5 based on the reviews from 626,723 users.
Price: Filters and effects can be bought via in-app purchases ranging from $0.99 – $34.99 per item
– Import from social networking sites like Instagram and Facebook
– Extensive library of licensed songs
– Lip sync your videos
– Make videos in various dimensions – square, cinema
– Reverse, trim or rotate videos, add text overlays, play with speed
– Multiple Fast or Slow motions in the same video
– Change motion and timeline of title, can add multiple titles
– Supports many international languages like German, Italian, Turkish, Japanese, Korean, Arabic, Russian, French, Spanish, etc
– Easy to use and loaded with free features
– Professionally done, high-quality videos
– Access to high-quality preset templates in the PRO version
– The abundance of presets, filters and effects are not backed by strong how-to tutorials
– The audio always fades out towards the end of the video
– The horizontal timeline makes video editing cumbersome
KineMaster is a full-featured video editor for Android. It has powerful tools that are easy to use. It has over 2500 downloadable transitions, effects, videos, images and transitions. The addition of EQ presets, ducking and volume envelope tools makes audios on KineMaster super immersive and powerful. The premium subscription also features unlimited exports in resolutions up to 4K.
Review: KineMaster has gained an overall rating of 4.4/5 based on the reviews from 4,511,621 users.
|Yearly Charge after seven-day free trial||$18.10|
– In-built graphics, fonts, stickers, transitions, clips, and more to beautify your video
– Multiple layers of video, stickers, images, text, etc
– It includes a keyframe animation tool to add motion to layers
– Voice overs, voice changers, sound effects, background music
– Create beautiful effects with a blending mode
– Share on YouTube, Facebook, Dropbox, etc
– Includes green screen, audio adding, extracting, volume control, chroma key and more
– Can add multiple audio and video layers which is great for advanced creators
– Can download multiples assets like stickers, images, backgrounds, etc. from its asset store
– Consistently updated Youtube channel for how-to tutorials
– Hard to crop videos and audios with a tightly fitted timeline
– Takes time getting used to
– The subscription doesn’t reflect across devices at times
– The app only operates in horizontal mode which might feel a little uneasy
– Extremely advanced for beginners
– Leaves a watermark in the free version
VivaVideo is a free video editing app for Android that comes with all the basic functions you can think of, as well as several advanced features that make it a top contender.
VivaVideo is one of the most comprehensive video editing apps, with video editing features like making videos from pictures with song, editing video with transitions, adding video to video, combining video clips, adding music to video, and much more. It features hundreds of Special Effects/ Stickers/ Filters/ Animated clips to transform your videos. You can directly share the video to your social media handles from within the app.
Review: VivaVideo has gained an overall rating of 4.6/5 based on the reviews from 12,970,605 users.
|Yearly VIP Membership||$11.85|
– Professional music video maker with songs and effects
– Make videos from pictures and songs easily
– Several video editing effects: blur background, slow down videos, speed up videos, etc
– Combine several video clips to make one video
– Can cut, edit, merge, paste while editing a video
– Export videos at your desired resolution like 720p, 1080p, 4K, etc
– It has an inbuilt slow-motion video creator
– It works exceptionally well for short clips for social media
– Super easy to use, even for an amateur
– Cut clips and place them anywhere you want
– Every new update creates issues in the app functioning
– Tends to delete text or image, or place it anywhere on the video
– Multiple issues while adding music to video
– Hard to add and manage more than one audio/video file
– The high number of ads in the free version makes it difficult to focus
Easily add music to your videos
With our intuitive mobile editing appTry Filmr for free
WeVideo for Android makes it easy, fast, and fun to create and share amazing videos. It has been featured in TechCrunch, CNET, ReelSEO, The Next Web, Wired, and more. With WeVideo’s Video Editor App, you can capture memories wherever they happen and transform them into breath-taking videos and share them on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more.
WeVideo Professional or Business plan has even more benefits like expanded music and theme libraries, professional-quality graphics, no WeVideo watermark, etc.
Review: WeVideo has gained an overall rating of 4.0/5 based on the reviews from 164,724 users.
|Professional Plan||$41.81/month and $249.47/year|
|Unlimited Plan||$14.63/month and $86.41/year|
|Power Plan||$9.06/month and $53.66/year|
|Mobile Pass||$3.76 one year pass|
– Create stunning videos with exceptional video themes and video filters
– With selected upgrades, you can publish up to 4K Ultra High Definition video
– Use the blurred background to enhance your vertical videos
– Add your own music or use its royalty-free library for a custom soundtrack
– Publish and upload to YouTube, Dropbox, Instagram, Facebook, etc
– Good for basic video editing requirements
– Easy to create slideshows with hardly any effort
– Good for quick social media shares and compilations
– Very limited music, text fonts and themes in the free account
– Requests permission to access product usage which might feel like an intrusion
– You cannot remove the watermark in the free version
– Tough to adjust music beats with the video
– Cannot share the video directly to any social media
VideoShow offers excellent video editing features. It is an easy and practical video editing app & movie scene maker for both art directors and beginners. With the help of this video cutter, you can reverse, blur, duplicate, edit, merge, trim, split, collage clips, or videos.
VideoShow also allows you to add subtitles to any video, or to change its audio. It also lets you take any video on your device and apply different filters. The app contains an inventory of over 50 elaborate themes for stunning music video/slideshow/vlogs instantly.
Review: VideoShow has gained an overall rating of 4.6/5 based on the reviews from 5,704,936 users.
– Create artistic subtitles with a variety of text fonts and styles
– Reduce video size directly in the app
– Easy and practical for professionals as well as beginners
– One can easily shoot videos through the app and edit them
– Can extract audio from existing videos
– Doodle on video (only in VIP version)
– Great transitions and multiple music choices
– Can add as many images to a single video
– Supports collage of images on video
– Join multiple videos in a single clip
– Beautiful themes to enhance videos
– Can set a precise time-cut to change audio
– Problem while sharing videos directly on social media
– Lack of quality after exporting video
– The themes can only be used in square mode
– Watermark in the free version
– 2K+ higher quality videos cannot be edited in the free version
Magisto uses sophisticated A.I. to find the best parts of your recording. It smartly applies editing techniques including video stabilization, filters object detection, effects, and auto-crop, to create mind-blowing videos that outshine the average slideshow or collage.
Designed as your 24/7 personal movie editor, Magisto combines clips, photos, filters, music, text, and effects to help you tell your story. Once in a while, Magisto will present you with a fully automated private surprise movie by converting the photos and video clips from your gallery.
Review: Magisto has gained an overall rating of 4.1/5 based on the reviews from 1,133,767 users.
|Annual Subscription||$18.43 Paid Yearly, [$1.53/month]|
– Share your video content on social networking platforms with a single tap
– Pick royalty-free music divided by genre, mood and category
– Add music directly from your device
– Combine clips, photos, stickers, music, texts, filters, etc. to make a fabulous video
– Turn every video into a story with the app’s intelligent AI
– This app is best for beginners without much experience in video editing
– It is semi-automatic- all you need to do is select your videos/photos and let Magisto’s AI guide you to the rest
– Has a neat and simple interface
– Can create multiple videos quickly with customisable pre-made templates
– They have a feed where you can see videos posted by other users
– Not much room for manual video editing
– They have a help center but it isn’t easy to contact their support team via email/phone
– AI does most of the work, it isn’t possible to choose specific or minutely-timed transitions
– Too many recurring review pop-ups
InShot is a powerful video editing app for android in addition to being a movie maker with features like trim & cut video/movie, add music, text, stickers and glitch effects, blur background, and No Crop. It provides basic yet powerful video editing features, thus helping you test out your creative skills.
It encourages you to create incredible videos with ease for TikTok, YouTube, Instagram, WhatsApp, Twitter, etc.
Review: InShot has gained an overall rating of 4.8/5 based on the reviews from 11,994,317 users.
|After 7-Days Free Trial||$9.06/year and 75 cents/month|
|One- Time Purchase||$27.18|
– Video Splitter, Video Trimmer and Video Cutter
– Merge and join clips from two different videos
– Powerful pro video editor for Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Musical.ly, etc
– Loads of unique filters and colorful backgrounds
– Supports multiple formats/ratios
– Adjust music volume with a fade-in and fade-out feature
– Easy to use and super convenient for beginners
– Multiple choices for text, music, stickers, effects and a lot more
– Can resize videos and posts as per your need
– Can add different transitions after every new photo or video clip
– Can do detailed color correction for videos and photos
– There’s no undo option to go back to your previous edit version
– Ads can be inconvenient to some users
– It is slightly difficult to trim audio clips. Each song starts from the first beat and might be confusing for first-time users.
Easily sync your video clips
To the beats of your musicTry Filmr for free
PowerDirector is an Android video editor that lets you create videos in 4K quality, edit videos with multi-timeline features, and share them on YouTube, Instagram and Facebook.
It lets you add music, transitions, motion titles, effects, emojis, filters and more to enhance your videos.
It is also featured as an Editors’ Choice app on Google Play.
Review: PowerDirector has gained an overall rating of 4.5/5 based on the reviews from 157,8358 users.
– Export videos with up to 4K resolution
– Video Stabilizer to fix shaky footage
– Chroma key to edit green screen background
– Add glitch and transition effects to make the video look futuristic
– Overlay clips to produce double exposure effects
– Multiple blending modes and multi-timeline interface
– Add multiple layers and customize/edit each one separately
– Easy switching between computer and phone with its integration to Cyberlink
– Royalty-free stock library
– Download videos/images directly from Google drive
– Pre-made templates help in creating videos quickly
– It has ample how-to tutorials to learn about each feature
– Too many ads and unnecessary notifications
– The files take too long to load
– Limited to a horizontal editing interface