Have you ever lost anything really important to you? Maybe you lost your keys, or a few files on your computer. I know I have. We’ve all had hard drives fail, cables go bad, or even worse: a PC with a built-in drive. Sometimes it’s easy to just say “OK, so it’s dead — time to buy a new one.” But what if you can avoid all of that hassle and spend less time looking for hours for a solution?A free file and partition recovery software is available for download around the Internet.
Data recovery software is essential if you lose your precious files and folders, or you damage your external hard drive accidentally. There is a wide range of data recovery software that can help you recover damaged or corrupted data from your external hard drive.
Have you ever suffered a data loss event that left you scrambling? I’m sure you have. It’s no fun having to explain the situation either — especially when it involves something like lost files or worse — a corrupted hard drive. Thankfully in today’s technological age, there are tools and options available to help prevent these events from occurring in the first place.
Data Recovery Software For External Hard Drive
Data Recovery Software for External Hard Drive is a must have tool in your digital arsenal. Data loss is one of the most frustrating things that can happen to your computer, and if you don’t have a backup of your files, it can be a total nightmare. But what’s worse than losing data? Losing all of your photos, music, documents and other irreplaceable files! That’s why it’s so important to backup your data regularly.
There are many ways to do this, but one of the easiest ways is by using an external hard drive. An external hard drive gives you instant access to all of your files without having to worry about running out of space on your computer’s internal hard drive. However, if something goes wrong with the file system on your external hard drive then you may lose everything! This is where Data Recovery Software For External Hard Drive comes in handy!
Data Recovery Software For External Hard Drive is an easy-to-use program that can help you recover lost or corrupted files from any external hard disk or memory card reader connected to your computer. The program works with any kind of file system including FAT16/FAT32/NTFS/EXT2/EXT3/EXT4 etc.
Data recovery software for external hard drive is one of the most effective ways to recover lost or deleted data from your external hard drive. It’s important to use this software because it will give you a more detailed and accurate picture of what data has been recovered.
This kind of software also allows you to preview any recovered files before actually recovering them. This allows you to make sure that only the files that you really want are being recovered.
The first step in using this type of software is to connect your external hard drive and then run a scan on it using the software program. The scan will take some time, so be patient while it runs through all of the files on your hard drive. Once it’s complete, you’ll be able to see all of the different file types that were found during the scan, including photos, videos, music, documents and more!
If you’re looking for data recovery software to use with an external hard drive, we have the solution you’ve been looking for.
Our software is a comprehensive solution that allows you to recover all of your files in one go and get back up and running in no time. We’ve got a great track record when it comes to data recovery, so you can feel confident that we’ll get the job done right.
We know how frustrating it can be when you lose all of your files or photos because of a technical glitch or hardware failure—especially if those files are irreplaceable. That’s why our team of experts is here to help you get your files back as quickly as possible.
Our software is easy to use and works on any platform (Mac or PC), so no matter what kind of computer you use, we have a solution for you!
What is External Hard drive Recovery?
Normally, external hard drive recovery is a process to recover deleted, lost data from external hard drive, even the drive got corrupted or accidentally formatted. However, as files lost on external hard drive won’t be recycled to the Recycle Bin, which as a result, you will need to turn to a reliable hard drive data recovery software for the external disk.
When do you need to perform external hard drive recovery?
In addition to common causes, like accidental deletion and formatting, that lead to data loss on an external hard drive. There are other cases when you need to perform external hard drive recovery. For example:
- Data on the external hard drive is lost due to virus attack, OS crash, OS reinstallation
- The external hard drive has a RAW file system and thus becomes inaccessible
- The external hard drive is detected in Windows but not showing any data
- The USB hard drive is not recognized
ATTENTION: As long as the data is not overwritten by new content, external hard drive recovery is possible. Thus, stop using your external disk immediately once you’ve got data lost and perform data recovery as soon as possible.
Luckily, you can perform external hard drive recovery with professional and reliable data recovery software. In the next part, we’ll include 5 best external hard drive recovery software to help you out.
Top 5 Best External Hard Drive Recovery Software Recommend
External hard drive data recovery will be easy when you know what is the best data recovery tool to turn to. According to users’ reviews, geek websites’ tests, and our experience, here we collect the top 5 hard drive data recovery software for you to apply and recover data from external hard drive with ease.
5 Best External Hard Drive Recovery Software in 2022:
- #1. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
- #2. Recover My Files
- #3. Ontrack EasyRecovery
- #4. GetDataBack
- #5. Recuva
Whether you are using the latest Windows 10/8 or older Windows XP, you can download one of the above-recommended software for help. It will help you recover the deleted, formatted, or lost data from your external hard drive or recover files from an inaccessible drive.
#1. Trustworthy External Hard Drive Recovery Software – EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
The data recovery software – EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard can serve as the external hard drive recovery software that will help you recover data from your external disk. This software is widely used to:
- Recover deleted, formatted, and lost data from external hard drive
- Recover data from an external hard drive after a Virus attack, OS crash, OS reinstallation, file system becoming RAW
- Recover all existing file types like photos, videos, audio files, emails, documents, etc.
- Support external hard drives of Buffalo, WD, Seagate, Toshiba, Samsung, Lacie, Silicon, ADATA, and more
- Repair videos like MP4, MOV, and repair images like JPG, JPEG, GIF, etc.
Best For: All levels of Windows and Mac users
Ease of Use: Beginners Best Choice, intuitive UI design, 3-step recovery
Other than external hard drives, you can also apply EaseUS data recovery software to retrieve files from computer hard drive, USB flash drives, memory cards, digital cameras, and more.
If you lost external hard drive data on a Mac computer, you may also download the Mac version of this software for help.
How to Perform External Hard Drive Recovery with EaseUS Data Recovery Software
After downloading and installing EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard on your computer, you now only several steps away from recovering your data from the external hard drive.
Follow the video tutorial to complete external hard drive data recovery.
Step 1. Choose and scan the external hard drive
- Download and install EaseUS Data Recovery on your PC or laptop.
- Connect the external hard drive to your computer.
- Run EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard and choose the external drive from External drives list. Then, click scan for lost data.
Step 2. Check the scan results
- EaseUS data recovery software will immediately scan the selected drive for all data, including deleted, corrupted, and existing data.
- You can use the Filter feature to quickly locate the files of one kind, such as Pictures, Word, Excel, PDF, videos, emails, etc.
Step 3. Preview and recover data
- Double-clicking a file from the scanned results to preview.
- Choose the files you want and click “Recover”.
- Select a different drive to save the recovered files instead of the original one.
#2. Ontrack EasyRecovery
Ontrack is originally a data recovery service provider, which mainly offers hard disk repair and data recovery services for worldwide users. In recent years, Ontrack released its data recovery software for users to perform DIY data recovery at home.
Being similar to EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, Ontrack EasyRecovery also supports to restore lost files on both Windows and Mac computers. Check out what you can do with this hard disk recovery software:
- Recover files from corrupted, deleted, or formatted drives
- Recover data from internal and external hard drive, SSD, USB, Memory card, etc.
- Repair damaged and corrupted photo and video (Prenium and higher versions)
Best for: Windows and Mac users
Ease of Use: 3-step recovery
#3. Recover My Files
Experienced users may have heard of Recovery My Files which is a classic data recovery software. It’s an old fashioned data recovery software produced by GetData.
With this software, you are capable of restoring data and files from the following cases and devices:
- Recover from hard drive, external hard drive, camera card, USB, Zip, etc.
- Recover files after emptied recycle bin
- Recover files after formatting, disk crash, partitioniong error, etc.
- Recover documents, photos, video, music, etc.
Best For: Windows users only
Ease of Use: Not for beginners, complex interface
Being alike to Recover My Files, GetDataBack is also a classic data recovery software which supports users to perform DIY data recovery on their own. Produced by runtime software, GetDataBack has different versions based on 64bit and 32bit of Windows OS.
So what can this hard disk recovery software do for you? Let’s see:
- Support data recovery on NTFS, FAT, exFAT, EXT, HFS+, and APFS devices
- Recover data lost due to formatting, partitioniong, virus attack, power or software failure
Best for: Windows, Mac, and Linux users
Ease of Use: 4+ steps of data recovery, Not for beginners
Although Piriform Recuva is old in data recovery, yet it’s still a powerful data recovery software among a vast number of disk recovery tools. This software still owns a large number of fans due to its excellent performance in file recovery.
With a low price, Recuva exceeds its competitors even its interface is old and sort of complex for beginners. Let’s see what you can do with this external hard disk recovery software:
- Recover files from computer, recycle bin, digital camera card, MP3 palyer, etc.
- Recover pictures, music, documents, videos, etc.
- Recover from external storage devices like external hard drive, USB sticks, etc.
- Securely delete files, erase files
Best for: Windows users only
Ease of Use: Not for beginners
After getting to know some basic features of the top 5 exernal hard drive recovery software, you may now pick up one and apply to bring your lost files back on the external hard drive, USB, SD card.
Besides recommending you the best hard disk recovery software, we also collected some useful tips for protecting data on your exernal hard drive. Hope you can follow and take care of your own files right now.
Data protection is always a better choice than a cure. To reduce the risk of losing files completely from any storage device, you need to both minimize the chance of data loss and get a data recovery tool to rescue data once it’s lost without any backup. Generally, there are two ways to protect data on your external hard drive: grow a good habit of using the drive and back up your external hard drive regularly.
Good habits to protect an external hard drive:
- 1. Keep your external hard drive away from fire, water, high temperature…
- 2. Disconnect the external hard drive from your computer when it is not in use
- 3. Don’t edit files directly on the external hard drive
- 4. Eject the device before disconnecting it
- 5. Put your external hard drive in a disk enclosure
Ways to back up an external hard drive:
- 1. Manually copy and paste the important files from your external hard drive to somewhere else
- 2. Back up your external hard drive files regularly and automatically using backup software
- 3. Sync the data on your external hard disk to cloud storage
Growing good habits is helpful to minimize the chance of accidental data loss on your drive. While backing up your disk is helpful to avoid complete data loss once you get files lost on your storage medium.
Among all the software discussed above, MiniTool Power Data Recovery 7.0 is the best data recovery software for external hard drive or other storage devices. MiniTool Power Data Recovery Software can effectively recover lost data from almost any external storage devices including memory cards, USB flash drives, portable hard disks and more with ease.
It is easy to get lost in the maze of personal digital devices and backup storage on the market today. We know what a headache it can be when you find yourself in an emergency situation where you have lost access to your data. The best way to keep this from happening is to insure that you have compact, mobile hard drive recovery software installed on all of your devices.
With many people having accumulated massive amounts of data over the years, external hard drives have become an essential part of everyday life. And while these external hard drives are often a source of handy backup copies or digital media libraries, they can also hold a lot of sensitive information. If you have to have a computer crash on you, one of the worst blows would be to lose all your data because you don’t have a backup and your hard drive went kaput. But don’t despair! These days, there are data recovery software for external hard drives and other types of storage that can help save the day when all seems lost.